We’ve told you all our reasons why a bridal suite is a must-have at your wedding venue, but what about the groom? We believe your Mr. also deserves a dedicated space to get ready with the guys. Sure, it may not take the groomsmen hours to prep and style their hair… but we still think they ought to have a dedicated space to enjoy each other’s company prior to the big I do.
Our Austin barn venue includes a groom’s suite loft and private bathroom, perfect for your husband-to-be and his friends. We’re sure the gentlemen will enjoy having a space to call their own, separate from the wedding-day chaos. That being said, we love when our brides take a step further. In all the wedding craziness, set aside a few minutes to spruce up the groom’s suite with personalized touches that make it extra special on your big day.
- Leave a sweet note: write a heartfelt love note to place on the groom’s suite table. This will heighten the anticipation leading up to I do. He’ll be touched by the gesture, and all the more excited to see you walk down the aisle. Your note can be simple but sweet—a brief “Can’t wait to see you” will be plenty to boost his excitement for the big moment.
- … or better yet, have one delivered! We think there’s nothing sweeter than sending a personal messenger (a la ring bearer) with a handwritten note.
- Give the guys a minibar: purchase his favorite whiskey or beer and place a sample of it it next to a few glasses in the groom’s suite. You’ll give the men an opportunity to share a toast, and he’ll be surprised by the gesture.
- Print a photo: frame a photo of the two of you, and place it in the groom’s suite. This personalized touch will remind him throughout the day how excited he is to meet you on the aisle!
- Leave a gift: we also love the tradition of leaving a special gift for the groom in his suite. Whether socks for cold feet or monogrammed cufflinks, a thoughtful gift makes for a memorable keepsake he’ll enjoy for years to come.
With all these thoughtful touches, there’s no doubt he’ll be even more grateful to have you as his Mrs. Don’t forget to ask your wedding photographer to capture all the details on film so you can enjoy them long after the big day.